BEFORE YOUR SPRAY TAN
- Prepping your skin is the key for a flawless finish.
- Exfoliate and moisturize 24 hours prior to your tan, paying particular attention to elbows, knees and any dry areas. Our exfoliating mitt is a great tool for this.
- Wax or shave, at least 48 hours, prior to treatment. This allows the pores adequate time to close.
- For the 24 hours before tanning avoid using oil based products or in-shower moistursers as they can create a barrier to the tanning agents.
- Do not apply moisturiser, perfume, deodorant or makeup on the day of your spray tan.
- Wear loose dark clothing to your appointment. Tight clothing can cause marks. If you are planning to tan in your own underwear, please make sure it is suitable (dark and cotton is ideal). Wear flip flops.
- If it is raining, make sure you bring an umbrella or clothing to cover your body – rain can ruin a spray tan if your skin is not adequately shielded.
CARING FOR YOUR TAN AT HOME
• The most important step after you have had your spray tan is the showering process.
• After 2 hours (your therapist will advise if you should leave the tan on longer), shower with lukewarm water for 30-40 seconds only. The colour guide will wash away, (not your tan so don’t panic) while the tan’s active ingredients continue to develop.
• Do not use hot water as this can stop the tan developing. This is a commonly made mistake. Use plain water only. Do not use shower gels, scrubs or hair shampoos during the first 24 hours after your treatment.
• Gently pat yourself dry after your first shower. Do not rub your skin.
• After your shower, you can dress normally. You will have no ‘fake tan smell’ and you will not mark your bed sheets.
• After the first 24 hours you can shower as normal.
• We do recommend that you keep your skin well moisturised and hydrated as this will increase the longevity of your tan. Our Radiant Glo 3 in 1 Gradual Tan extender is perfect for this as it is intensely moisturising and contains a tanning agent to help prolong the tan and allow it to fade more naturally.
• Don’t exercise (no sweating) or swim for the first 24 hours after your spray tan treatment.
• Try not to touch your skin during development time. You do not want brown palms of your hands. This is extremely difficult to remove after it has developed!!
• After day 5-7, start gently exfoliating your skin with our exfoliating mitt on a daily basis. This will help to prepare your skin for your next gorgeous Radiant Glo Spray Tan!